Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rainy Day Blues

When it rains, it pours. And I'm not just saying that because it's actually pouring outside. Nope. Just as my back is starting to really improve (I'm down to 1 physical therapy session a week instead of two), a new problem crops up.

Yesterday I went to the Warwick Mall to try to find some boots. Not nice boots, just plain, lace-up boots that I can wear everyday in the rain and mud without worrying if they're getting messed up. I could not find a single pair of boots in the mall. Every store that had boots had fashionable boots with 4 inch spike heels, made of leather, and available in an assortment of colors. So that was a wash. As I was heading home, doing a cool 60 mph on the interstate, my car decides it doesn't feel like going 60 mph anymore. All of a sudden the mph drop and the rpms shoot up for like 1-2 seconds, than the car fixes itself and everything is alright. Still, that freaked me out, since me and Mags are supposed to go to Cooperstown this weekend, and that's a 5 hours drive.

So as soon as I get back, I take my car to a local car service place. Good thing I got there at 1:45, because the place closes at 2:00 on Saturdays. Weird huh? I've never heard of a car place closing so soon on a Saturday. I mean, that's when the people who work all week long have a chance to bring their cars in. But whatever. Anyways, the guy can't even look at it until Tuesday, although I left my car, since he said he might be able to squeeze it in on Monday. I'm supposed to pick Mags up from the train station on Thursday. So you see the dilemma. Of course, I can get a ride to pick Mags up. But I'm gonna be crushed if we can't go to Cooperstown this weekend. I was really looking forward to going, and showing it to one of my closest friends. I guess I'll just have to hope and pray that there's nothing seriously wrong with my car, and that it won't take long to fix it. Or much money, because I've already spent $500 this semester on my physical therapy.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

bummer, Sarah. I am sending good car vibes your way. Hopefully it is something small and inexpensive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home