Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Monday, October 02, 2006

Surprisingly Swift Service

So when I left my car at the shop on Saturday the guy said they'd get to it Tuesday, and might be able to squeeze it in on Monday, if I was lucky. So I was surprised when my phone rang at 11:30 this morning and a guy at the shop told me that they had already checked out my car. Maybe someone unexpectedly worked overtime this weekend?

As it turns out, there's nothing I can do. They can flush out the transmission, which may help the problem or make it really really worse. It's a $130 gamble, and one I'm not going to take. The guy said that it's possible that, with the age and mileage of the car, the transmission might be starting to go, and that the car is not worth putting a new transmission in. However, I am going to get some new brakes on the front of my car. It sorely needs them, even if they do cost $300. Still, I was impressed by the fast service. The guy even said he'd try to get my car done by the end of the day. Of course, I've already cancelled my physical therapy appt for tomorrow, but maybe I can reschedule it? And, more importantly, me and Mags can have our fun weekend! Yay! Are you excited yet Mags? Oh, and I hope your surgery went well, I haven't talked to you in a while, so hopefully you're healing nicely. :)

P.S. Check out how often I'm posting now! Go me!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

yay yay yay yay yay! See you super soon ;)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I put up some pictures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home