Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hooray for Money!

I got my tax return in the mail last night! Woo Hoo! Extra income, always a plus. I haven't updated in a while because I've pretty much just been doing lots and lots of schoolwork, which is boring to talk about. I've gone out a couple times for meals with friends, "grad prom" and a brass band concert, but never got around to writing about them. The concert was awesome. The band, Proteus 7, consists of 7 members playing drums, trumpets, trombones, tuba, and the last guy played like 8 instruments, all winds (diff kinds of saxophones, oboe, penny whistle, english horn, etc.). It was pretty amazing, because they played classical music they arranged for horns (a Bach fugue), jazz music, Spanish music, musicals (West Side Story with "Maria" soloed by the tuba) and spy music (James Bond, Secret Agent Man, etc.). Pretty cool to be able to play so many different genres so well. And it gives classical and musical selections a new, different sound when you play them with instruments that nobody would expect.

Alright, gotta get back to work. Maybe I'll update again in two weeks, when classes end and I only have to focus on research stuff. Hope everyone's doing alright, and that stress levels aren't too dangerously high.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I can't wait for two weeks! I need my updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home