Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Randomness

I didn't realize until today that I hadn't updated in like a week and a half. Whoops! I bought some Lucky Charms this weekend, and even though St. Patrick's Day was over a week ago, I thought I would share what the lucky charms powers are :

Horseshoe - speed
Rainbow - travel
Balloon - float
Heart - life
Moon - invisible
Shooting star - flight
Clover - luck
Pot o' gold - illumination

Some of them seem obvious (heart = life, who knew?) while others seem random. Balloons are lucky? And give you the power to float? How is "float" different from "flight?" I mean, is there a limit to how far you can float, or is the difference just speed and altitude? I guess moon is "invisible" because of the phases of the moon (?), but shouldn't pot o' gold be riches? Is illumination knowledge or light? And can I really trust the back of a cereal box to explain what lucky charms symbolize? Probably not. If anyone's curious, chimneysweeps and mushrooms are lucky in Germany. Don't ask me why, we just have tons of Christmas ornaments of chimneysweeps and mushrooms from when my folks were in Germany.

On a completely unrelated note, I saw Cars this weekend, and absolutely loved it! Pixar can do no wrong! It made me want to drive across the country on backroads and stop at all the local diners and cheesy tourist traps (the biggest ball of twine!, etc). Maybe one summer I can take a week vacation, rent a car, grab some friends and give it a shot. Well, emphasis on the maybe, becuase really, what are the chances of 2 or 3 of us being able to take vacations at the same time? Still, it's a fun idea. I've had the countrified version of "Life is a Highway" stuck in my head since Sunday, so that must mean something....

Interestingly, I read today that a new Lord of the Rings book will be released in a couple of weeks, called The Children of Hurin. I've never actually read the LOTR books, but a lot of my friends have read and loved them all. Apparently this book was started by Tolkien, but he died before he finished it. His son has finished it. Sounds interesting to me. I mean, Tolkien probably made up some of those stories specifically for his kids, so it will be interesting to see what his son does with plot and characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home