Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Friday, March 16, 2007

Weddings and Schizophrenic Weather

I found out earlier this week that I am getting paid this summer! I wasn't counting on getting paid because I'm not going on the research cruise this summer. So now I'm excited! The first thing I thought of when I learned that was "Now I can go to Kristi's wedding!" Kristi Tanner is getting married to Nick on June 2, and I got a Save the Date card, but didn't think I could afford to fly out without an income. But now I think I'll be gone for a week. I can fly home, hang out for a few days, drive to Birmingham to see Ames and go to the wedding, and then head down to Tuscaloosa to see Whitney! I just shove a lot of fun into one week! I'm excited, this may be the last time I go home to Alabama.

Speaking of weddings, but the end of July I'll have gone to 4 weddings in less than a year. My brother Dave got married in September, Mags and Spencer in January, Kristi and Nick in June, and my cousin Chris and his fiance Demi in July. It's like everybody decided to get married all at once. I must have missed that memo.

I'm getting a little tired of schizophrenic weather. It was pretty cold last week, highs in the teens and/or twenties. This week it was much warmer. Like high forties and sunny, which felt super warm. And then today a nor'easter comes in. It's snowing today, and it's supposed to turn to sleet and rain and continue throughout the weekend. In fact, classes are cancelled today. But, of course, they didn't make the announcement til like 8:45. Of course, I get here by 8:30 everyday, so me and a bunch of other grad students are here anyways. Plus spring break is next week, so the weather might screw up travel plans for some students, so that sucks. Oh well, it's March, there can't be too much more snow in the future.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Those are famous last words, Sarah. You'd better get ready for a blizzard now :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Haha, I know, right? They said on the news this morning that ten years ago they had snow on April 1st. I wonder if that'll happen this year....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home