Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Friday, May 25, 2007

New Crisis

So my whole lab left on Monday for the research cruise, and I've been taking it easy this week, dog-sitting, coming in to do work, but never staying later than 3:30. Basically, I've been enjoying the summer, because when everyone gets back from the cruise, I'll have a whole lot of work to do. Things have been going good, I"ve been reading more, I'm going home next week, etc. And then today the bomb hits.

One of my roommates, Adriana, finished up this spring, and told me a couple weeks ago that she wanted to move out in June. My other roommate, Dipa, has a sister who I guess finished (?) but has still been living in the grad school apts, I guess until she finds a job? Anyways, her roommates had found a house, so she needed somewhere to go fast, and I said sure, Dipa's sister can move in, why not? Unfortunately, Dipa just told me that her sister just got a job and will be moving to Boston. Today is May 25 people! And I never put up any ads, because I always knew Dipa's sister wanted to move in. So now I'm royally screwed. I put up an ad on the Grad Student Assoc website, and Dipa put up ads on the apt bulletin board and International student internet board, but I'm pretty sure that I'm just screwed. One of my friends moved into the apts during the summer a couple of years ago, and he couldn't find a roommate til school started in August. I'm pretty that's gonna happen to me. I'm going to be paying twice as much money for the next 3 months. And that's why I'm cheap and save my money. Because you never know what curve balls life will throw at you. And because people suck.

P.S. Mags, now I've updated, so you can't call me a pot anymore!

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

Bummer, Sarah! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

That does suck! I hope you get a roommate soon! Think happy thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home