Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Irish Fest

I went to IrishFest this weekend and had a blast! I went on Friday night with four other girls from the Bio Dept. to see two bands play. The first band, The Fenians, was really good. They played a lot of traditional Irish songs, and some songs that the band had written. I bought one of their CDs and I think I"m gonna burn it for my dad for his birthday next month. We didn't really listen too much to the second band because 1) it was mostly modern music (less fun) and 2) we were hanging out with The Fenians. We actually ended up hanging out with the band for a couple of hours and scoring some free Guinness in honor of some radio DJ who had been working in Newport for 30 years and had just died.

We went to an Irish pub and finally got some dinner at like 10:00 ( they had good shepherd's pie, mmmmm......). And then we went to some woman's 60 ft yacht and hung out for an hour or so. Nicole and Amy had befriended her earlier at the concert by dancing Irish jigs in the aisle. Then we had to drop the band off at their hotel and head back to Kingston, so all in all, I ended up getting home at about 3 AM Friday night. It was a very fun, very random night.

Also, in completely unrelated news, I officially submitted my proposal to the graduate school this afternoon!! Right before I did it, a yellow jacket stung my foot, which is still painful and swollen. :( I think it was the universe's way of reminding me that my research never goes smoothly......

2 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your foot, but glad that you turned in your stuff! Hahah the Irish night sounds fun!

-Whit

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

I hope your foot feels better soon! But YAY!!!! for the proposal!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home