Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Friday, October 12, 2007

More Thesis Disappointments

So I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I've just been too busy or lazy to bother. I've been conducting experiments off and on for the last month with numerous things going wrong, of course. It just wouldn't be my research without everything that can possibly go wrong actually going wrong. So now instead of comparing two temperatures and two pHs for Dosidicus I'll probably just be comparing two temperatures. Oh, and writing about how freezing blood does effect the oxygen-binding ability, since my frozen experiment results are kinda sketchy. Originally I thought I'd be doing experiments up until Oct. 15th, and that I would then analyze my results and write up my methods while Brad was gone on the cruise. Then, when he got back, we could discuss the results, I could write them up, and I could get started on the discussion. But now that won't happen, and I don't have much to do for the next month. I'll teach of course, and write up my methods, do an elemental analysis of Loligo pealei (local squid), but, I just won't accomplish as much as I was hoping to. Oh well.

On the plus side, I've done some fun stuff in the last couple of weeks. Irishfest, classical concert, Journey cover band. Plus, I'm hearing some Hawaiian music tonight (trying to expose myself to new things), and Caitlin comes next week! Yay!! Oh, and the fall weather is Finally here, so it's actually chilly outside. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yay for Fall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home