Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Election News

So the Democrats now have control of both the House and Senate. I don't really want to talk about it, mostly because I live in the bluest state in New England, so I"m sure to hear all about numerous times. Although, surprisingly I haven't actually heard anybody talk about the election results, but it seems like everyone's pretty busy, so maybe I'm just in the library when those conversations are going on...... Anyways, apparently my family is pretty upset, especially my Dad and Mike, they're really worried everything is going to fall apart in Iraq. I know, I know, a lot of people, Republicans and Democrats, want us to get out of Iraq. However, I think it's a good idea to listen to both sides, especially since Dad and Mike have both fought in wars (Vietnam and Iraq) and both have been to the Middle East (my dad was there in the early 90s as a civilian). They give me an insight that I don't get from the press. But maybe that's just me.

So for me, the only Republican in Rhode Island, the results are disappointing. I only hope that Hillary Clinton doesn't become president in 2008. I shudder to think about it. Seriously, if Hillary Clinton is elected, I will feel as angry and betrayed as the Democrats when Bush was reelected. And that's saying something.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

You are the political yen to my yang. You complete me :)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know, and yet we get along so well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home