Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Forward Progress

Things have gone well this weekend. Friday afternoon I decided that I deserved a reward, so I went out and bought Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! I was just gonna ask for it for Christmas, but I saw it in Wal Mart and got all excited. I'd only seen it once, and it is my favorite book......In other news, I actually found an alterations place that would do my dress! And, the woman said I could pick it up next Saturday, which seems crazy fast to me, I was expecting a few weeks, which is why I was scrambling to get it done before I go home in December. I also had a chance to go to the mall and get some new boots. The soles on my old ones fell off in the spring so I've been wearing sneakers. But they're not too comfortable, because the cushioning in the heels is completely gone and they both have holes in the top, so when it rains, my feet get soaked. You're probably wondering why I didn't just buy new shoes earlier. I know, it seems so simple. But once you factor in that I must drive 30 minutes to even find a store, that my car is slowly but surely dying (so I try to avoid these 30-45 minute trips) and that I've spent the last 2 weekends driving around trying to get bridesmaid stuff done, it makes a little more sense. Plus, I tried to go shopping earlier, but all I could find was fashionable boots, not boots I could pull on and wear everyday.

I also booked my train tickets to NYC for Thanksgiving and got some cute little candles and some raspberry white chocolate bark for Sara (her birthday is right after Thanksgiving, like the 26th).

So. Holiday bookings are taken care of. Bridesmaid stuff is taken care of. Now I just have to worry about my proposal, blood experiments and fish paper. Speaking of which, it is now time to go read up on hypoxia...

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yay for alterations being done! Were you able to find some shoes?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

yep, I just got the lighter shade at Payless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home