Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars

Just thought I'd comment on GG and VM since I don't regularly talk to the girls who watch those shows with me.

Gilmore Girls: I seem to be constantly slightly dissapointed with this show. I really don't want Christopher and Lorelai together at all. Here's why: 1) I think Luke is the love of her life, even if they do need to take a break from each other, 2) You should never make your child's father the rebound guy and 3) Christopher seems bland and perfect. He doesn't freak out, he's just serenly confident in absolutely everything. This makes him boring. Is that what happens when you inherit lots of money? I don't know if it's the writing or what, but his character doesn't seem strong enough to be such a lead role at this point.

I also thought it was pretty selfish and petty of Lorelai to complain that her parents came to Parents Weekend, and for her to have lunch at the exact same restaurant, to one up her parents (I assume?). It just seemed stupid. It's the kind of function Lorelai would never go to (unless Chris convinced her), plus her parents didn't even really meet Rory until she was in high school, so they've got some catching up to do. Besides, they revel in the rich life of Yale (remember the Yale football game ep?). Weak. However, I did love Luke's interactions with April (she calls him Dad now!) and his disastrous date with a vegan (yikes). Any GG fans disagree with me and want to see Lorelai and Christopher together? B/c the previews for next week ("The Proposal") look horrible. I realize she's ready to get married, but Lorelai needs to stop and think before accepting that proposal. Although, the episode might just end with the proposal, and make us wait another week for the answer.....

VM was good at advancing little plot lines, but was not at all what I expected from the previews. The previews stated that LoVe would have problems, and that they would explain them. Instead, we didn't see any possible problems for LoVe until the last minute of the episode. Also the TA seems extremely petty and odd. I'm a TA, and I don't obsess about the freshman that I teach, or how they impress the professors I work with. That guys crazy. I love Wallace even more now. Way to show character! He admits he cheated, decides to take the zero and continue on with the class/major/dream, and even sits out a semester of basketball so he can concentrate on studying. Go Wallace! Although seriously, there must be some actual tutors at this school who could help him out, right?

On an entirely different note, one of the spiny dogfish had babies! There are 3 little baby sharks swimming around the tank in the Wilga lab. They're so cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home