Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in NYC

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!

Mine was pretty good, with a few snags. Somehow I managed to screw up my back the day before I went to NYC. So I had to take a lot of breaks to lay down and/or do back exercises when I was in NYC. Also, it guaranteed that I would NOT get to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, as the thought of walking across Central Park and standing for long periods of time sounded like torture. Still, Thanksgiving was great. I brought a bottle of Rhode Island Red from the Saktonnet (I"m sure that's not the right word or spelling, but it's similar...), and Dave and Sara loved it, so that may become part of their Christmas present as well. :) Dave and I went to see American Gangster one morning and later walked through Central Park and talked for a couple of hours, catching up on each other's lives, particularly school and work, since those take up the bulk of our time.

Saturday we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art to check out some new exhibits on Dutch Renaissance paintings and silversmithing. Then we went to this great Irish pub that had large portions of good food at reasonable prices , and served quickly. I forget the name, but if anyone's going to NYC soon, you must check out this pub. I could always get the name from Dave and Sara.

So overall, I had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like most people I talked to had a good Thanksgiving too. :) Christmas is just around the corner people!

In other random URI news, my thesis has changed AGAIN. But I'm optimistic because at least this data looks good, even if it is only 7 runs for my whole thesis. Also, Erin Ryder, the girl I worked with when I did my internship in Maryland, has offered me 5 or 6 cephalopod books because one of the guys in the lab just retired and did his PhD work in cephalopods. So I get free books! 3 of the books I've either read or checked out of the library for reference, so I'm excited about that. I did offer to pay for shipping, since she offered the books to me before anybody else. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

It was great talking to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home