Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Great Band

So some of Nicole's friends from college are in a band, The Whitest Light, is on tour, and they stopped in RI on Saturday night. A couple of us girls saw the show, and the band was awesome! I'm including their myspace page so that ya'll can check out their songs, if anyone's interested.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6671450


In other, less interesting news, the stress of writing my thesis is slowly driving me insane. I've been getting pretty shitty sleep the last week, waking up every hour and a half, or every two hours on good nights. I don't know if it's the stress that's keeping me awake or what. I mean, Saturday night when we saw the band I went to bed at 4 AM. But I still work up at like 8:30 or 9:00. And I mean wide awake. So I got up, took a shower and went to work. I didn't even take a nap. I think my body is just on autopilot now. And today marks the beginning of what I call "crunch time", i.e., when I start coming back to the office every night after dinner to get more work done. I just keep telling myself that I"m working towards 1) getting out of RI 2) living above the poverty line and hopefully 3) a job living and working on a beach in SC for the summer. I know others are stressed as well; Spencer's finishing law school, last I heard he and Mags were lookin for a new apt, Caitlin has a bunch of conferences in March, Ames is trying to decide if she should go for her masters, Mike is trying to decide between school and a girl.....I could go on but my brain can't hold anymore problems. I hope everyone's stuff works out. Come on guys, suck it up, we can do this!

4 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh, Sarah. I wish I had more to offer you, but all I've got are words of encouragement. Keep at it! You really are almost done! We're so proud of you!!! This WILL be done soon.

BTW, Spencer demands that you come visit us.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I want to visit you! I just don't know when....This summer if I don't get the SC job or any other job. Maybe August if I get the SC job, but don't have another job lined up.....everythings up in the air at this point.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

Go, Sarah! You can do it! Rah-rah-rah!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home