Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Job Update

Okay, so I FINALLY talked to the guy at Clemson University, and we're set up to discuss the job next Friday morning. So I guess that makes this a phone interview? My cell phone cut out a few times during the conversation, so I missed a few words. Anyways, that's a positive sign, that somebody is interested in me for a job, even if it's only a summer job. :) Here's the link if anyone's interested in what the camp is like:

http://www.clemson.edu/yli/campsewee/

So apparently there are 8 sessions, each one lasting one week. During that week we teach some marine science stuff, but also go out to the marshes, go to a water park, there's optional kayaking, and some boating, judging by pics from last summer. And I'd get the week of July 4th off to do something. So that looks good. I never did the summer camp thing, so it will be weird to be in charge of kids all day and night for a week, and then never see them again as I try to learn the names of the new kids. But hey, it looks like a fun experience, and if I don't love it, it's only for one summer, right?

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Ooh Sarah! That sounds like a fun way to spend the summer! Do you think you'd like working with the kids?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

looks fun! I never did overnight camp, only summer camp (as a camper and a counselor). It was fun, though! You didn't tell me Mike (your bro, not other Mike) was dating someone new! How did he meet an NYC girl? You'll get the thesis done; I have faith! Hope you are still enjoying the new car. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home