Sarah's Mullings and Musings

Friday, August 22, 2008

Frustrated and Exhausted

For some reason, every other day something major happens and my life changes again. I'm too pissed off and tired to write out all the circumstances, but 1) I'm not moving next week, I'm staying in my apt for another month with the understanding that my roommates are paying for everything and 2) I have to register for 1 credit hour this semester. Which means I'm part time and paying out of state tuition (because even though I've lived in RI for 3 YEARS, it doesn't count because I've been in grad school. How fucked up is that?!). So, essentially, I have to pay $1200 to defend next month. How? Buying a car and car insurance, plus paying all of my bills with no income since the first week of May has completely devoured my life savings. I guess I'll have to ask my folks and see if they can help me out. Which I hate doing, because I'm an adult and shouldn't have to beg my folks for money. Plus, they're older, I don't want to take their money, I don't know how much they have saved, and how much they can lend me, etc. Sigh. I'm so tempted to just go home and drink. I certainly don't want to stay here.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry! And here I was thinking that RI was finally letting up on you with the rent-free apartment situation...I should have known it was only lifting you up to knock you down again. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can pull together the cash--you are ALMOST out of this hell. Hang in there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home